We've been brainwashed with wrong information,|
and now we gotta get good information.
== Dr. Joel Fuhrman
Here is the list of non-cult, sane, evidence-based methods and support
And here is the Top 10 reading list, which really numbers closer to 30
items, which can also give you much good information:
And here is my own description of what worked for me, with links
to many more lists of treatment programs and ratings of their effectiveness,
and also links to more discussions of what has worked for other people:
Here is a list of discussions of what other people found helpful:
- A 20-year oldtimer gives his methods
- suggestion 1: just don't drink
- get over drugs and alcohol
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- one woman finds WFS very helpful
- not powerless
- what is the answer
- more suggestions
- Just don't drink any more alcohol, not ever, not for any reason.
- quit now and save a brain cell
- my 'Four-Step program'
- the one-step program
- better than A.A.
- what's helpful
- do it yourself
- more suggestions, groups
- do it yourself — the most successful program
- do it yourself some more
- more of what works
- the phases of quitting
- More advice here
- more advice.
- more advice.
- Bruce: "What is the answer?"
- Susan: "What works?" again
- Naltrexone and the Sinclair Method
- Scientific Studies of Naltrexone
- Baclofen worked for her.
- Consider a diagnosis of ADD or ADHD.
this letter about
how a diagnosis of "alcoholism" immediately prevents any other underlying
diagnosis like depression or ADD. The "authorities" claim that alcohol caused the mental problems,
not that the mental problems caused the drinking.
- Consider a diagnosis of thyroid disease.
- 10 Steps to Loving Yourself
Then these are slightly off-topic, and discuss alcoholism in general rather than "what works":
A study by the NIAAA found that mutations of the gene that grows dopamine receptors in peoples' brains makes some people get much more pleasure out of alcohol than other people.
Information about the shrivelled-up Cerebellar Vermises that sexually abused children have.
Click Fruit for Menu
Last updated 20 October 2015.
The most recent version of this file can be found at